Author Topic: MAC OS X (10.6) does not recognize Linkstation Live (LS-CHL)  (Read 28208 times)

halmir

• Calf
Re: MAC OS X (10.6) does not recognize Linkstation Live (LS-CHL)
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

Another week goes by.... nothing happen.

I never had such a bad experience with a product.

This is my first - and surely will be my last buffalo product !

:smileymad:

**Try to keep to the reason for the post - to ask for help, to provide help or insight into the post question - this isn't a soapbox.

ddabdul

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »

This is getting reallllly long...

halmir

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »

It's working !

Just install the newest OS X update.

It seems that apple has done the job for you ! :smileytongue:

Anyway, bad support - my last buffalo product ! :smileymad:

update: unfortunately it works only once:smileysad:

ddabdul

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »

Common guys. This is becoming embarrassing. This is not a small bug. Your material is useless for now. WTF are you doing

whatever4

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »

I've been following this thread for WEEKS  - so far just words, no action. Where's the fix? Seem's to me the company doesn't give a **ck about the mac users. Fine - if anyone is googling for info about Buffalo products and how they work with the current OS X -version... Hopefully you find this message. 

OS X + BUFFALO = DOESN'T WORK

Chears!

YGAB

• Calf
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 03:49:20 AM »

Today is a special day: ONE month ago, Memoryman told us of a bug in the new version of Mac NASnavi.

"iJapan was working on the issue".

Hey, lets be positive guys!

THERE IS a new fancy software form Asia… it is just that it does not work.

The problem is as simple as the idiocy to own a Mac.

Everyone knows Mac users are artists. These guys are brainless, and don't ever think of security.

So, why should a serious company loose time and money for these useless people?

I say:

Get yourself an iPod, and switch to Windows 7

Oupsssssss, wait a little... in case Linkstation would not be compatible with Win7...

Maybe iJapan is working really hard on that one....... :smileyhappy:

-Yves.

I am planning to put my LinkStation on eBay. They sell for 130€.

**Try to keep to the reason for the post - to ask for help, to provide help or insight into the post question - this isn't a soapbox and there's no need to insult people's preferences for computers.

**** Answer to MemoryMan's edit:

Dear Sir, I am only laughing at myself, and the other Mac users... with whom I share this ridiculous situation.

I work both with Win & Macs.

I just point that "Mac compatible" products are often not as compatible as advertised. And that, when Mac users are stuck, it often takes centuries to get them a solution.

Example: Is there a firmware solution for Mac?

santakrooz

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »

This idea may or may not have anything to do with the wake keep alive (I don' t use it)  - but there are some broadcast/discovery issues with some routers and bonjour. Usually this manifests itself by only SMB shares showing up in finder and not AFP shares. Or AFP shares disappearing. Also if Timemachine share becomes flakey and disappears. The simple fix is to enable multi-cast filtering on your router. Don't know if this would help the wake feature or not. But since it probably relies on Bonjour thought i'd mention it. 

-m

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »

We've also had Apple working in the issue - we aren't the only ones working on it. Sometime ago, we opened a technical support incident with them, and sent a LS-CHL so they could reproduce the issue. I've been sharing all the data from the forums, and from our US lab, to ensure they are familiar with the entire scope of the issue. If they determine what they changed in 10.6 that blocks the keep-alive signal - then they'll tell us, and either they will incorporate a change in 10.6.3, or we can incorporate a re-write to compensate for the 10.6 change.  We're sending Apple a variety of products so they can have the product line-up available, when they write  the code for each new OS10 revision.

We sent in this product, about the time 10.6.1 came out.

cedric3006

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »

Here in France, I have the same problem...Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and linkstation live LS-CH1.0TL.

It was working since 1 year and now I'm on Snow, no more automatic TimeMachine backup because of a non automatic startup of the box... 

I work in an IT department for a big french company, I never saw a problem taking so much time to be fixed...

Hope this will end quickly now !!!

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

and thanks to all the people who have sent in details about the issue, those that provide useful information - you know who you are.

With your helpful support, we can help Apple and Buffalo (Japan) sort this out and implement a solution.

cedric3006

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »

hello,

as i mentionned above, i have the same problem. I found a workaround but that doesn't work correctly.

I just downloaded this tools : http://www.coriolis.ch/dl/wakeup_13.zip

Started it and entered the mac address of the linkstation. Clicked on "Wake up" button and here it iwas ! The linkstation started...

I could start a TimeMachine backup session, but few minutes after (about 5 I think) the linkstation stopped itself... Very strange...

Maybe someone can understand why...

YGAB

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 03:50:27 PM »

Cedric,

Go check there. This is a better solution:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/LinkStation-Mini-LS-WSGL-Auto-Power-Mode-Issue/m-p/16548#M13364.

"Wakeonlan" keeps sending signals whereas Wakeup does it only when you call it.

You have to change the settings in Wakeonlan so that it sends signal every 2 minutes.

In French: Wakeonlan est automatique alors que wakeup ne fonctionne que si tu appuies très régulièrement sur le bouton wake up

But again, c'est du bricolage that has been lasting way too longtemps...

Bienvenue au club !

sievert

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2009, 03:47:27 AM »

Now,  NAS 2.22 is there. But, same problem, the link station sleeps and sleeps, and ......

What a disaster for buffalo! I think, I put the NAS on Ebay

Kay

ddabdul

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »

Memoryman wrote:

and thanks to all the people who have sent in details about the issue, those that provide useful information - you know who you are.

With your helpful support, we can help Apple and Buffalo (Japan) sort this out and implement a solution.

I don't want to be rude but what kind of details do you really need. The Buffalo does not wake up with Snow Leopard, while it use to do this before the upgrade. That's about it. No message error, no nothing. It just does not do what we bought it for... If you need details be more specific as i do not really see what information you are missing here. 

cedric3006

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »

Thanks YGAB for your help.

J'ai installé WakeOnLan, cela semble fonctionner.

In English : I installed WakeOnLan and it seems to work.

I think that Buffalo is sleeping and seems to have the same problem we have... Nobody can wake them up :D