Author Topic: LinkStation Live and Mac OS X Snow Leopard  (Read 12791 times)

chuan

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Live and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:49 AM »

Hi,

I'm also trying to set up time machine to work with my Linkstation Quad LS-QL/R5. I also followed the instructions and was able to set up until when the Mac tries to set up the back up files but return with error 45 in the message.

Please help.

Thanks

Cheers

Chuan

mcassisa

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 10:27:25 PM »

I am having the same issues.  I tried creating the sparse bundle myself with the instructions here: http://www.levelofindirection.com/journal/2009/10/10/using-a-networked-drive-for-time-machine-backups-on-a-mac.html but it did not solve the problem.  Apparently this is a common problem.  My MAC seems to be trying to create a temp sparsebundle that does not have the mac address in the name, I wonder if thats a dated requirement.

chuahyen

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »

hi

i also just bought the LS-QL Link station.

And i am still having a hell of a time dealing in setting up the Time machine on it.

I have tried entering the target host name and mac address on the Time machine of the WebGUI and the <hostname>_<mac address>.sparsebundle was created in the time machine shared folder.

When i turned on the Time machine on the macbook,

It seems to be creating a <host>.tmp.sparsebundle on the time machine folder.

Afterwhich, the time machine on the macbook will return an error code 45.

Anyone managed to solve this problem?

please advise

santtu71

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »

This will solve everything:

http://www.jerzakie.com/post/Using-Time-Machine-with-a-Buffalo-LinkStation-%28CHCL-Series%29.aspx

I think the biggest error in the stupid buffalo manual is that it says enter your MAC address, people ofcourse thinking "Since I'm using wifi to connect, naturally I'll put in my wifi MAC" Wrong! It needs to be your Mac's LAN Mac address :)

Hope this helps, sure helped me getting my Time machine working.

//santtu