Author Topic: Buffalo TERASTATION PRO II 2.0TB-Found 3rd HDD Bad Sector..Urgent..Please help !  (Read 2623 times)

adfirst

• Calf

Hi, I am new user ,Please help me me.... I just bought my Buffalo TERASTATION Pro II last month, and this morning i have found got one error msg show " found 3rd hard disk got bad sector" and ask me to re-structure ,so what can i do ? is it harddisk faulty? Can i follow the intruction to process "Re-struture",my data keep 490GB inside already,if i do that ,will i lost my all data? and if how i know my all data saved in which Harddisk?

So what can i do now?  Thanks !

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
   IF you have it in raid5 then the data should be ok, bad sectors is a hardware problem so more than likely the disk will need replacing, i dont think restructuring the raid will make any difference, you will probably get the same error once its completed
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

adfirst

• Calf

Hi, Davo Thanks for your reply. Will back up my data as soon as to another device  :) ... but at the first, need to solve this problem first. So meant if i change new 500GB Harddisk to replaced this new 3rd HDD, then it will working as normal right? Or will affect my existing data?

Thanks !

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Power down the TS, insert the new disk, reboot the TS, logon to its interface page, a messsage will come up saying "an error has occured in raid array1" select this message, place and tick beside disk 3 and click restructure raid array. This will go about implementing the disk into the existing raid (which will take several hours)

Once done the unit should be fine.

I would backup your data just incase you loss another disk though :P The chances of it happening are slight but you never know!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

adfirst

• Calf

Hi, i back up my data already. And i have ask my supplier warranty my TS, but the problem is why they need i sent back whole unit, but not only the disk 3 to warranty? Then this will cause my office data process need to stop. And another if next time disk 2 got problem, i need to back up all data again. THis cause very inconvienent . and waste a lot of time to do this. Is it the buffalo warranty process is like this?

I am from malaysia/ tq!

Dustrega

• Big Bull
This is a US board and the RMA procedures of different countries do not reflect our procedures here in that respect. These questions would be best directed to your regional tech support.