Author Topic: Issues with the Linkstation Live LS-CHL 1To  (Read 5324 times)

loulou

• Calf
Issues with the Linkstation Live LS-CHL 1To
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Hi,

i bought recently a linkstation live 1To with bittorrent. i m very happy about this product : good design, good transfer rate, silent, easy installation etc.. 

but i have encountered several issues with it

first, the documentation (only english even if on the cd we have several folder by country) contains a section named System Status (Logs) page 63. This menu doesn t appear on my webadmin console. I have the last firm online 1.01.043.

also, more important issue : on the web access menu we have the choice to use the buffalonas portal or our own dns.

I did some test like creating  wrong and several buffalonas.com name and key. Unfortunately, even i disabled the use of buffalonas portal and choose to use my own dns, i can access ever to my linkstation through your portal.

one solution will be, when we choose to disable the use of the buffalonas.com, to delete on your database the link between my ipaddress and the buffalonas key/name.

Message Edited by loulou on 11-06-2008 01:20 PM

loulou

• Calf
Re: Issues with the Linkstation Live LS-CHL 1To
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:16:49 AM »

Some other issues :

I create a shared folder named Test and then i can t delete it ! the checkbox on the web admin doesn t appear ... :(

please help me :/

loulou

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:24:55 AM »
   nobody can answer ?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »

Are you using access restrictions? 

Also when you are trying to delete it, are you in the Web GUI or from the web access? 

loulou

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »

Hi Paul

thx for your answer

concerning the folder it was on  the web GUI, but in fact, the reason was that the disk was not formatted correctly.

i changed the product last week ago and now it s ok.

but i can ever access to my share folder via buffalonas.com  even i ve disabled on it and enable my own dns.

gnas969

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »
   whats the purpose of the key code for buffalonas.com since it never asks for it. Am I missing something?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
The key is used to hold your name, another person or nas device can not use your name unless you have the key.

loulou

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »

the problem is even i disabled the use of buffalonas dns i can ever access on my linkstation via buffalonas.com :/

also 

when you activate  the HTTPS/SSL Cryptage, you encountered a message error that says : the certificat is not valid.

even if you install the certificat on your machine.

i think the issue is that the certificat installed inside the linkstation is a "server certificat" and not a "client certificat".

Message Edited by loulou on 11-29-2008 11:46 AM