Author Topic: XP not resuming from sleep with 1TB Drivestation  (Read 2521 times)

jammyweb

• Calf
XP not resuming from sleep with 1TB Drivestation
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »

I bought 2 1TB Drivestations a couple of months ago. Model: HD-CE1.0TU2, I believe FW 3.0

I use them for rotating off site backups. 1 works perfectly. 

When the other is plugged in, the PC will (usually) not fully resume from Sleep. The PC appears to start back up, but the monitor never comes back on, and I don't think any services are running (it does not appear on the network, it can't be remote controlled etc). The only way out of this is to hard reset the PC. I mention that the PC usually does not resume... With out the problem drive connected, it resumes every time, including when the other drivestation is connected. When the problem drive is connected 9 times out of 10 the PC will not resume. Occasionally it works fine.

The PC is running XP SP3, Intel Core2 Quad, 2.4GHz, 3.25(4)GB RAM.

As far as I know both drives are configured the same.

I'm stumpped as to why 1 drive stops the PC resuming, and the other does not - any ideas?

Thanks

James

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: XP not resuming from sleep with 1TB Drivestation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »
Hmmm, that doesn't make any sense, is this a desktop or laptop?

jammyweb

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:17:05 AM »

I know it makes no sense - which is why I'm asking, usually I can fix these things myself...

It's a desktop PC. If there is anything I should be looking at for differences I can do so.

Thanks

James

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »
   With the "faulty" drive, if you completely power down the PC and boot it up with this DS connected does it boot? If not then its a BIOS conflict and given the fact that the other DS works fine the fault would lie with the "faulty" unit and it will most likely need to be replaced. This is just a guess though but might be something to go on!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jammyweb

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »

Hi

The PC boots from cold fine with both drives. 

Since I'm using the 2 drives as backup drives, I can easily format/reinstall the drive (it'll just take a while to sync again).

James