Author Topic: Cannot copy, cut, or paste files in the bittorent folders.  (Read 14075 times)

SilverFoX

• Tatanka
Re: Cannot copy, cut, or paste files in the bittorent folders.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »

there is a possibility to change at least the cut and delete option for the torrent folders....but itīll void the warranty as stated in the forums.

but apc-commander could do the job...

as said - i donīt want to loose my warranty and it not my job to fix things which didnīt work in the first place!

zeecue wrote:

I also have this error.

And is there a way to make the bittorrent download manager secure, by adding a code?

hm - i think it could be done....to think that the torrent client isnīt secured with a password when accessing it remotely :smileysurprised:

other then that i started something like a thread collection regarding the linkstation live with bittorrent here:

Persisting problems regarding LinkStation Live with BitTorrent (LS-CH*L)

regards,

SilverFoX

virdee123

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 04:40:47 AM »

Hi

I'm having the same problems with the bittorrent. Ive got the client working but I cannot move my downloaded files o any other share, I keep getting permission denied errors. Ive recently applied 1.2 firmware but still the smae isue persists. I just waned to know if there was a soloution to this problem. Many thanks V

SilverFoX

• Tatanka
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »

as stated before the only solution is to copy the data - and let the original files in the bittorrent folder....

you could try to delete the files with the bittorrent folder with webaccess....as a workaround

you could use webaccess within your lan and try to delete folders - but even there are sometimes errors and it takes ages to delete even a single folder because you always have to confirm the deletion....there are no checkboxes to select  the folders etc

regards,

SilverFoX

Cruzer

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »

I have the same issue.  If Buffalo would give us root access to the product we purchased we could login to the LS Operating System (BusyBox Linux) and delete the files/folders, as they are owned by root.  Or we could modify the permissions and delete them as a user.  I am working on the issue and will get back with answers.

-Cruzer-

Cruzer

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »

It seems SilverFox is correct the apc commander allows you to gain root access via telnet.  Once you have root access you can do whatever you want.  I have not been able to find anything that states the apc commander will void the warranty.  If so then I may no longer be a Buffalo customer.  As I believe that when Buffalo decided to use open source Linux and BusyBox code they should trust their customers enough to have control over the software that is licensed via GPL.  It is not like I am physically cracking the box open or breaking some sort of seal to make a hardware modification.  I am just using the open source software that came loaded on the NAS product I purchased.

To change the file/folder permissions.

1. Download and run apc_commander.  (much respect to the guy who wrote the software)
  2. Login as root via telnet.
  3. Change the file permissions of the bittorrent folder. (chmod -R a+wx /mnt/disk1/share/bittorrent)
  4. Delete, rename, etc. the files as needed.
  5. Change the file permissions back to the original permissions.  (chmod -R a-wx /mnt/disk1/share/bittorrent
  6. Logout and close the telnet session.

**Beware**This Linux chmod command gives read, write, and execute permissions over the entire bittorrent folder and all the files\folders within the bittorrent folder to all users.  I am sure that someone who understands *nix better could give us a better command syntax so that the files\folders would be more secure since they are exposed to the Internet via the pinholes we all made in our firewalls to support the Bittorrent protocol and the Web Access feature. In the mean time this is what I will do to solve the issue. 

Personally, I would like to see the issue resolved by the manufacturer but until then I shall solve my issues as I must be able to delete files on my NAS.

-Cruzer

LS-CHL 1TB firmware ver. 1.06

Link Theater HD

nico

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »

Hi,

there is a simple issue to solve this problem : recreate manually "bittorrent" folder

1. disable torrent service

2. delete "bittorrent" folder with Web Access

3. recreate manually "bittorrent" folder with your admin account

4. enable torrent service

works fine with me, hope it helps :smileywink:

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »
Using any third party software to gain additional access to the devices will void the warranty. Try nico's suggestion, I had to do it on our in-house Linkstation after the firmware update.