Author Topic: LINKSTATION PRO DUO 1.0TB  (Read 4031 times)

trickyrick

• Calf
LINKSTATION PRO DUO 1.0TB
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:29:35 AM »

Good day

I was looking at purchasing the above network drive and was hoping that there were a few in the group who had one and could either say forget it or its a good choice.

Thanks for anyone's input

Rick

andreasauwaerte

• Calf
Re: LINKSTATION PRO DUO 1.0TB
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
   As ever it depends on what you will need it. I think i own one. its up for 30 days constantly serving our podcast without any fails. 

trickyrick

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:03:43 AM »

I'm just using it for personal use on my network plugging it into a router.  Do the drive's stop turning after non use I was looking at a fantom and the complaint there was that the drives never stop turning as well as the fan was noisy.  Has anyone had to call tech support are they pretty good with there support.

Rick

Matt_M

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
The auto mode on the device will power on and off the NAS drive with your computer as long as the NAS Navigator utility is installed. As for the tech support, I work for our North American support team and we have a number of skilled and professional individuals on the team willing to help you.

andreasauwaerte

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 04:15:05 AM »
   @Matt It is great that support workers are also "running bulls" in the forum! Those things are great!