Author Topic: MiniStation DataVault HDS-PH320U2 will not work with Windows 7 (RTM)  (Read 3853 times)

lanceh

• Calf

Windows 7 will not recognize my MiniStation DataVault portable Hard Drive model HDS-PH320U2.

I keep hearing the USB connect sound, then shortly after I hear the USB disconnect sound and the drive does not show up in windows explorer ("My Computer" view).   However, the drive works great on Windows Vista.

How can I get it to work on Windows 7, which was just released. (I'm using the 64-bit RTM version of Windows 7)

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: MiniStation DataVault HDS-PH320U2 will not work with Windows 7 (RTM)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »

Windows 7 is still in beta it will not be release until October.  We do not support Win7 until its offical release.

http://windows7news.com/tag/windows-7-release-date/

lanceh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »

Actually Windows 7 officially RTM'd yesterday and is available for download by MSDN Subscribers and Microsoft Partners ( like me ).  The Retail release is in October, which is probably what you are referring to.

via http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

Windows 7 RTM now available for MSDN Subscribers

Be among the first with access to Windows 7 RTM along with support and technical content included with your subscription. Download now from Subscriber Downloads, or our alternate download site.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:11:24 AM »
In a nutshell Microsoft hasnt had its offical release....Hence we do not support it.

lanceh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »

I understand your official position.

Now that we got that out of the way, lets talk timelines here...

Will there be a time in the future when this unit IS supported for Windows 7? (eg. October), or should I just return it to the store where I bought it and get the non-DataVault version which I have tested and know does work?  

I like the hardware encryption feature of this drive, and I got a good deal on the drive, so I would prefer to hang onto it if is likely to be rectified in the future.

~Lance