Author Topic: Buffalo DriveStation HD-CEU2 Beeping  (Read 4324 times)

Metroalex

• Calf
Buffalo DriveStation HD-CEU2 Beeping
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:56 AM »

Hello all,

Today my DriveStation HD-CEU2 (1 tb) started beeping all of the sudden and can't be read by my computer anymore. I've tried searching the buffalo support page but I've got nothing. Is my HD dead?

Thanks.

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Buffalo DriveStation HD-CEU2 Beeping
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:14:05 AM »

Just so we can be sure of the model number, can you please provide the full one from the bottom of the drive (Many start with HD-CE then maybe something else)

What operating system are you using?

Metroalex

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:06 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

the model number HD-CE1.0TU2

I'm running Windows Xp.

Metroalex

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »
   Also, the beeping sound basically sounds like a life support machine.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 12:25:35 AM »

Go to Start> Run> Type "diskmgmt.msc"... This will open a Disk Management window.

In the bottom half of your screen you will Disk 1 (your local drive), do you see a Disk 2 or 3 dogmatism's any that would be this drive? You can probably tell by the size and if not you can unplug the unit and open the screen then plug it back in and go to the screen and see what changed if anything!

What color are the lights on the unit? Are they flashing in any type of sequence?

Do you hear any mechanical noise coming from the drive?

Did anything happen that lead up to this?

If the unit is beeping and you are not able to access it to update Firmware and it is not shown in Disk Management, the drive is most likely defective, and you may want to contact your local support for an RMA...But come back here with the results first!

Metroalex

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »

Thanks again for the reply. I followed your intructions but sadly the HD isn't recognized at all, and it just keepbeeping, making a skipping sound was well.

The light is a solid green, not flashes. It hasn't been dropped or anything. Is it posible that something inside fell off or something?

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
Something is probably defective in the unit, contact your local support for an RMA.

youngans

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »

i have exact same problem except when i run disk managment it can see the disk but registers it as un recognisable - is there anyway of fixing it so that i can get the files off it as it contains some of my most valuable files which i will be devastated about fi lost. many thanks

EDIT: i uninstalled the device and re-installed it and it installed fine - it just does not seem to want to be read by anyone :S :robotindifferent:

Message Edited by youngans on 08-07-2009 05:18 PM