Author Topic: Connecting to Linkstation EZ from WAN  (Read 4337 times)

us035976

• Calf
Connecting to Linkstation EZ from WAN
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:24 AM »
   I have a Linkstation LS-LG500GL-R and have it set up and working fine from within my local LAN. I wanted to get it available to the WAN, but without success. Do I need to open up/forward and port on my router?  Anything else to get access to it from outside?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Connecting to Linkstation EZ from WAN
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »
   What exactly are you trying to setup? FTP or Web Access? Given that it works from your LAN does indicate that you have to do some port forwarding. Go into your router config and forward port 20 and 21 for bith UDP and TCP if you want to use FTP, regarding web access, go into the web access setup page on the linkstation -> disable UPnP and select a port number (10000) for example. Once done forward this port in your router and that should be it.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

us035976

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
   I can't connect using FTP or web access from within my local LAN even. I can map a drive to it and that's all. FTP and web access fail. Any ideas why?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
You have to enable FTP on the  Share folder its self as well as the service set up, depending on the model and firmware.

us035976

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:08:24 PM »
   I can't find out how to access the Linkstation to enable FTP or anything else. If I try to connect to it via web 'http://192.168.1.XX' I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »
If you can ping the IP address of the NAS then try to disable your firewall software and your anti virus, then try the IP in the browser again.