Author Topic: Re: link station ls-ws1.OTGL/R1 connection problem  (Read 3018 times)

mazen

• Calf
Re: link station ls-ws1.OTGL/R1 connection problem
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
   I bought the above about 6 months ago. Installed it on my computer and connected it to SONOs Audio system. It worked properly up to a month ago. The Sonos can not detect it. The blue light of "LINK STATION" blink continuously. I connected it to my computer and my computer does not recognize it. When I launch the software on my computer I get the same thing. I tried everything with no success. Please help.
Th serial no of the unit is : 4584341107768
there is another number : 001DD73 4CB59D
Please let know what can I do.
many thanks
Mazen Abdin

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »

Disable any and all firewalls on your computer and see if the unit shows up with the NASNavigator.  If it does tell me what it says for the hostname and firmware version.  If you still cant find it try booting your computer into safe mode with networking.

Also, are you getting any error/info lights?

mazen

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:11:19 AM »

I tried the above. No dice, however this time the link station is giving 6 red blinks ( which according to the manual it can not recoginze the hard drive). Also I am getting an unknown network with limited connectivity. Previously the blue " link station" light was blinking continously.

My computer does not recognize as an external hard drive either. The NASNAV software does not recognize it also.

many thanks for your response and I look forward to your advice.

mazen

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »

If you're getting six red lights, try this: http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9312

If that doesn't work, contact tech support for an RMA. 

mazen

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »

I tried this and followed the instructions very carefully.It did not work. I live in Syria it is very difficult for me to send the unit back. Is there no hardware rest???? is there no other way??? Should I junk it and chalk it to expreince??

plse advise

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »

Try booting the unit into EM mode:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9306

and then force updating the firmware:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9309

If you still don't have any luck then dustegra is right and you need an RMA.  This is either a HDD failure or the unit can't boot off the kernal.  A bad HDD requires and RMA, if the unit cannot load the kernal then the force update procedure or TFTP should work.  There are no other options and we apologize for the inconvenience.