Author Topic: Mirroring files onto Linkstation Mini using Robocopy does not seem to work  (Read 381 times)

iosman123

• Calf
Hi All,

I own the cute little Linkstation Mini, which sits silently doing its job.  However, I have been trying to setup some Robocopy jobs and I have been having problems.

I have several PCs in my home and I want to setup a Robocopy job on each one, to mirror a specific folder from each, onto the Linkstation mini.  I run each job once, to copy all the files over (using /MIR to mirror).  However, when I re-run the jobs Robocopy starts copying all of the files, even though they have not changed!?  I can't see anything wrong with the file times on the Linkstation Mini, but I have used Robocopy for years, and never had this problem .

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, I see that there is a new version of the firmware (1.05).  I am running 1.04.  However, I cannot find a change log or release notes for the new firmware (even in the download).  Is there one anywhere, and does it have anything relevant to this issue in it (fingers crossed) ?

Regard,
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:54:45 am by iosman123 »

• Debian Wizard
  • El Toro
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Best guess is that the timestamps are coming back as different which results in Robocopy treating them as different versions and overwriting them each time.

This thread suggests some solutions:
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/209883-robocopy-only-copy-new-changed-files