Author Topic: "Missing" subfolder on terastation  (Read 2357 times)

gzevspero

• Calf
"Missing" subfolder on terastation
« on: August 03, 2009, 04:26:27 AM »

Hi, I have a Terastation (firmware 1.04) in use as a NAS device for the organization. All users access the files on it with Windows Vista. Recently we have been having problems with one of the folders on the terastation. When I SSH into the terastation and do a directory listing, this folder (called acct) appears at the end of the listing, meaning it is no longer sorted in alphabetical order like the rest. Also, when I go into the folder and list its contents, certain subfolders do not show up at all. When accessing this folder through Windows though, those same missing subfolders show up perfectly. Another problem with this "missing" subfolder is that, when users work on files contained in it, they are able to open them properly, but when trying to save those files they get a message saying "the file could not be located". They are, however, able to save to the same "missing" folder if they save as a different file name.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much in advance.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: "Missing" subfolder on terastation
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 02:50:13 PM »
How saturated is the hard drives on this device?  If it's over 95% that could be a problem.  With the ssh problem, it doesn't seem to be an issue as long as the Vista computers can go to there mapped drive.  If you have any permissions on the sub folders (through your workgroup or ad) then you will have problems getting into that sub folder.  As you are only able to put restrictions on the root level folders.  Also a firmware update would be good if you have a original ts then we have firmware 2.16.  Don't think you have a regular terastation though.