Author Topic: Print server info  (Read 1906 times)

buckchucko

• Calf
Print server info
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:15:20 PM »

I have a new LS-CH1.0 with 1.10 FW. Vista Ultimate Svc Pack 2, Epson Stylus Photo R350.

I cannot get the printserver to work. I spent a long time reading and trying everything I found here about printserver trouble. Nothing works.

First, am I supposed to see my printer show up in the printer folder in my NAS? If I open this folder and try to install the driver, it says I do not have permission to do it. I did install the printer in my control panel and the install went fine worked fine and the driver says ready. But no test page.

Botttom line here is that after spending hours looking al over the web, I cannot find clear, newbie, step-by-step usage of ALL the features of my NAS. Buffalo apparently assumes that people who buy this product are IT profrssionals, leaving nothing much more than "feature" descriptions where they should be explaining exactly how to make a feature work in detail.  This manual falls far short of detailing the in's and out's of using this device.

Take the printer as an example. Step 1.  Plug it in (to where?) THe USB on the Buffalo? Directly to my router? WHAT????????

Still, I would at LEAST enjoy having my USB printer working, which is the main reason I bought this thing.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Print server info
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »
First of all, is this printer a simple printer and not a multifunction printer. Also does your printer company make post script drivers for this particular printer.

buckchucko

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »

This is an Epson Stylus 350 Photo USB printer only. I do not know if it has postscript drivers or not. Do drivers get installed directly on the Linkstation? If so, why does it say I do not have permission to preform that function?

Also please note that I cannot post messages here using Firefox 3.01. I crashes my browser every time. Why must I only use IE?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »

The drivers get installed to your computer. They allow one way communication from your computer to the Linkstations Print server.

And I am currently using the latest version of firefox to post this reply.