Author Topic: Remote NAS  (Read 2163 times)

Kpayton

• Calf
Remote NAS
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

Hey guys and gals Im new here so exscuse me if I'm not fluent.

I'm setting a remote NAS solution for a company.  I've enabled web access but I get a certificate error everytime I go to it.  I've attempted to accept and install the certicate but haven't had success with it.

So my first question - 

How do I get the certificate to accept permanently.  And the second - Is it possible to modify a file - any file word document or whatever so that when you open it you can open and save without Downloading it - saving it and then reuploading it.

Thoughts?

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Remote NAS
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »

Make sure you setup port 9000 on the device.  Then in your router/gateway open up that port 9000, you can test that at canyouseeme.org.

And you have to download it first to save it.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »

When setting up Web access, un check HTTPS/SSL Encryption to clear that error.

Hope this helps

Kpayton

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »

I actually changed the port Number to like some 4000 series and then made a change in my Linksys Router.

I did REMOVE the check for the SSL/HTTPS then I can't see the router at all from remote.

SO wait - The only way to manage files is to save them first?  Whats up with that?  That means you would need to Download it to your desktop save it and then resend it back up.  And you can't overwrite the existing file thats there so you need a whole new name?

Anyone see no logic in this method?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:23:49 AM »
It sounds like what you want to use is the ftp function with the unit. With this you can open files save them and drag them back into your ftp client to overright the file on the linkstation. Use port 9000

Kpayton

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:11:24 AM »

Okay so what about the certificate?  I keep installing it but keep getting the same error?