Author Topic: Linkstation Quad - Media Server not playing MP3s -Twonky issue?  (Read 2501 times)

paulbradley1

• Calf

Hi All,

I've called tech support about this and the most recent answer I got was "use a different media player or return the unit" - so I'm hoping for a better answer here.

I've got a Samsung B650 series TV and a Linkstation Quad 4TB running the v1.10 firmware (Twonky 4.4.8).  The TV will see the files fine, but when I try to play MP3s (videos work fine) off the Linkstation, I get "Not Supported File Format" from the TV. 

They work fine  If I try these MP3s off a USB drive plugged into the TV, OR if I stream them using Twonky Media Server 5.0.61 off my Macbook Pro (or using Eyeconnect).

I've tried this using a D-Link Dir-655 and an Apple Airport Extreme with the same results.  I've also tried wired and wireless connections to the TV.

So this is the question(s):  Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Is there anyone who has successfully installed a new version of Twonky on a linkstation Quad, and if so, what package from Twonky did you use.

paulbradley1

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Quad - Media Server not playing MP3s -Twonky issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
   bump