Author Topic: Web upload via buffalonas.com  (Read 3125 times)

fredsaxxon

• Calf
Web upload via buffalonas.com
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »

Is there any roll-out date for a firmware upgrade to allow uploads to the HS-DH500GL via Web Access through buffalonas.com?

I do not have a fixed IP address, and my web access users are not very sophisticated.  I realize they could get my current IP by logging in at buffalonas.com and copying the IP from the browser address line.  But then they would have to use an FTP program to actually do the upload--way more complicated than they can handle.  Most don't even know what FTP is.  I also don't particularly care to open another port to the HS-DH500GL if I can avoid it. 

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Web upload via buffalonas.com
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:07:36 AM »
Only devices compatible with buffalonas 2.0 have/will have this feature. This is not one of those models.

quentinc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »

Hello,

Coming back to the possibility to upload files from the webaccess buffalonas.com

Do you have a idea of the release date for this ? (I own an LS-WSGL/R1)

thank you very much

kind regards,

quentin

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
I don't think the R1 series has this capability. Please update to the latest firmware for your model available here. I'm pretty sure that the R3 was the only one to allow for this though.

d0b3rmann

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »

Hi Jason,

How do I know which devices are compatible with 2.0 BuffaloNAS?  I don't have a Buffalo unit yet, I'm looking to purchase one only if I can upload files using the web interface, that's my deal breaker.

The FAQ on the buffalonas.com site says upload is not possible, but the feature description on buffalotech.com says upload is possible, just does not say which devices support it.

Your help is much appreciated!