Author Topic: Access to HD-CELU2 from internet?  (Read 2802 times)

packdog

• Calf
Access to HD-CELU2 from internet?
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
   I would like to be able to access my drive from anywhere via the internet. The drive is set up via LAN, not USB. What is the easiest way of doing this. I was thinking a free FTP client, but I'd rather not be forced to keep my computer on all day to act as the server. Ideally I'd like to just be able to type an address, enter my password and be granted access, but I don't know how.
Message Edited by packdog on 07-25-2009 08:25 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Access to HD-CELU2 from internet?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
The Drivestation Flexnet offers a basic NAS service through windows file and print sharing (SMB). Most devices in the Linkstation and Terastation series support FTP and Web Access for remote access capabilities.

packdog

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:01:18 AM »
   is that the polite way of saying i can't do it and i shoulda bought something in the linkstation line?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »
The Drivestation Flexnet is a very simple NAS device it doesn't offer remote access through itself. Any of the new Linkstation or Terastations do however. Either through our Web Access Service (https) or being able to configure the unit itself as the FTP server(you wouldn't need to keep your computer on).

disputator

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »
   If you have a PPTP server on the router you can use that one to access your network resources from outside.

nelse172

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »

I have just recently upgraded to DD_WRT.  I have the PPFTP server running.  How do I add my FlexNet to the server?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »

You will need to load the drivenavi software and locate the IP address of the unit.  You cannot have the unit formatted to NTFS it will lose all LAN functions.  When you locate the IP address go to your run box and type in \\ipaddressofdrivestation hit ok and it should bring up a share. Right click on the share and go to map network drive.