Author Topic: What happened to nas-central.org  (Read 32743 times)

rmbittmann

• Calf
What happened to nas-central.org
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to fix my ls-xl and want to find instructions to open it. I remember that in the past I could find them in buffalo.nas-central.org, but when I try to access the site today it is down.

Does anyone know how I can access this valuable information?

Thanks,
Rani.

jezzaaaa

• Calf
Re: What happened to nas-central.org
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »
Yeah, seems to have gone off-line since August. You can still access the goods via archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180319212427/http://buffalo.nas-central.org:80/wiki/Main_Page

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
Thank you for the link.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »
Is anybody aware of a decent place to publish that type of information going forward? I've learned a bunch of things working on these devices over the past year or two that I'd love to add to a wiki someplace.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
Why not do it here?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
I've got some stuff posted on my GitHub page which I've linked to on a post or two but that's all code/files associated with installing Debian on Buffalo devices.

I'm planning to write up some instructions on how to restore the stock firmware on some devices without resorting to tftp as part of that work too and other things of that nature but I feel like these would be better suited in a wiki type format somewhere.

I've also got a lot of other things like pictures of boards and reference-type information like whether a given device uses the SOCs built in sata or an external chip and how those interact at boot time that might be useful as a reference somewhere.

I'll likely make posts about them on the forum at some point either standalone or links to github, I'm just worried they wouldn't be as "discoverable" in that format.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »
In case no one noticed it did eventually come back up, though still in read-only mode since ~2014. Sadly the forums are still down.

A few months back I started a new wiki to house information about the newer devices and resources not covered on the old wiki. Feel free to reach out if you've got some info you'd like to add to it:

https://buffalonas.miraheze.org