Author Topic: Duplicate Video Files Showing On DLNA Server Devices  (Read 3112 times)

bensmith

• Calf
Duplicate Video Files Showing On DLNA Server Devices
« on: February 16, 2019, 05:13:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

Wondering if someone can help me out. I am seeing on various DLNA devices in the house, duplicates of .MKV files showing in the Video folders. There's definitely only 1 .MKV directory. Some files only show 1, whereas some can show up to 7 entries. I'm stumped as to why this is, and how to fix it?

I have a LS420D7B8 series, running firmware 1.84.

Any help would be appreciated please. Thanks.

mh1983

• Tatanka
Re: Duplicate Video Files Showing On DLNA Server Devices
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:01:45 AM »
In the DLNA options, do you have an option to refresh or reindex the database?

bensmith

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
In the DLNA options, do you have an option to refresh or reindex the database?

Have done that, yes. Have just discovered that the only thing that works is renaming the folder containing the films. Is this some sort of cache issue?

sidrao

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »
I have observed the same problem when I migrated all my music files from an old server to my Buffalo server. It really has something to do with the way the DLNA software on the server is working, but I couldn't get decent response from support. I have observed random duplicates or triplicates of DLNA entries (only one physical copy on the server). The only way I could make it go away is to rename the folder containing the files and THEN reinitialize the DLNA database. I suspect renaming the directory forces the server to regenerate the links afresh. I wish I had a better solution or understanding but this is the only workaround I've managed to find after one year.