Author Topic: Changed Internet provider and can't access Buffalo NAS  (Read 2768 times)

kwvsp

• Calf
Changed Internet provider and can't access Buffalo NAS
« on: February 07, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »
I changed my internet provider from CenturyLink to Comcast/Xfinity and I can't access my BuffaloNAS devices. This occurred initially 2 years ago, and I've not been able to access since the switch, but I would now like to access my NAS drives again to get at my data and to also use the NAS drives.  I have since updated to WIN10 also.  Can anyone help me?

My two BuffaloNAS devices are:
1. LS-WV4.0TL/R1
2. LS-XH1.0TL

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
Re: Changed Internet provider and can't access Buffalo NAS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »
1) Enable SMB1 on Windows 10
from
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/mit-windows-10-auf-ein-nas-zugreifen-t2736.html

2) do not use Buffalonas.com
Maybe you are on IPV6 now

kwvsp

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
Thank you oxygen8, however I cannot get to the drive to make changes. I have enabled SMB1 on Win10.  I can't add attachments to show you a .jpg of what I do see, so I'll describe.
I have the latest NAS Navigator (version 2.93), and upon opening, it shows "LS-WVLEC0-4TB as a drive, but it has the yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside.  I then receive a pop-up with "LS-WVLEC0-4TB is not set correctly. Use time and date from your computer? Yes/No"  and I select "Yes".   
I then receive another pop-up stating "Cannot connect to LS-WVLEC0-4TB. Are you sure you want to correct the IP address automatically? Yes/No"  and I select "Yes".
I then receive another pop-up stating "Could not set system clock. Could not change the IP address of LS-WVLEC0-4TB"

When I "right-click" on the icon for LS-WVLEC0-4T" and select "Browse Shares", I receive an error message "Could not open the shared folder"
When I "right-click" on the icon for LS-WVLEC0-4T" and select "Settings", it opens a web browser trying to connect to 192.168.0.25 that won't open, and "connection has timed out" error message.

It seems that I can't access my BuffaloNAS device. 
Would I be able to remove the HD from my NAS and then access it directly?

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:58 PM »
Would I be able to remove the HD from my NAS and then access it directly?
no

what IP uses your pc