Author Topic: Terastation 5410R problem with AD and write permissions / sub-folder permissions  (Read 1455 times)

jgraham

• Calf
We have several folders shared from the Terastation and it is hooked into Active Directory.  We have issues with perms on shares where there are people who are members of two groups. Take myself for example.  We have an Archive folder.  I want to set domain users to have Read and domain admins to have Read/Write.  I swear that this has worked in the past, but doesn't seem to be working correctly now.  If I set it this way, me(a member in domain admins group) am unable to create new folders or delete files/folders.  It's like I am receiving the least permissive of my group memberships. We are on the latest version of firmware for this device.  If I remove domain users read access, my domain admins group permissions seems to apply and I can do whatever I want. 

How do I go about allowing domain users read only to this folder while allowing another smaller group access to write to this folder properly?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
I would probably recommend using subfolder permissions rather than the share level permissions. This should correct things and give you more granular control as well.

https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/setting-up-subfolder-permissions-on-a-ts3010-5010-series-terastation