Author Topic: new user - LS220D Unable to connect remotely  (Read 1624 times)

DLH

• Calf
new user - LS220D Unable to connect remotely
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »
LS220D - Christmas Gift

althou I am able to connect via my network connection and everything operates normally, I still have not been able to connect remotely or via the internet (browser or app). Whenever I attempt to use the browser I go to the internet address www.buffalonas.com - I input my username and my in network (router address) appears and i am connected via my LAN.....

I'm trying to figure out why I can not connect via WAN or via my phone outside of the house.....

Thanks,
DLH

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: new user - LS220D Unable to connect remotely
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:45:12 AM »
You probably need to configure port forwarding on your router. The method for doing this can vary from router to router. It's covered here:

https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/setting-up-webaccess-on-a-buffalo-linkstation

DLH

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:10:31 PM »
?question

I would need to setup port forwarding on my internet providers (cable company) router.... right?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:23:05 PM »
That's correct. You may need to contact their support for assistance.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »
Not on the router in their data center, the one in your home, in case that wasn't clear.

This varies wildly, depending on the piece of hardware they gave you. They almost certainly have detailed self help for it.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**