Author Topic: LS-CHL-V2 Series - Firmware updating failure - Partition not found  (Read 1722 times)

eajet58

• Calf
I have two LS-CHL-V2 Series storage units which I have always had problems with.  One of them has now gone into Emergency Mode (EM).  These units are running Firmware 1.31   According to what I have read, if a unit is in EM I need to upgrade to the latest firmware.  I went to the Buffalo site and downloaded version 1.74 for windows.  followed the instructions and ran the Updater program.  the program found both of my units, I selected the one in EM and ran the updater,  The only thing I keep getting is "Partition not found. Aborting the update."

Can I update from 1.31 to 1.74? 

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: LS-CHL-V2 Series - Firmware updating failure - Partition not found
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
you can use debug mode on the firmware updater to enable options which force the firmware update to proceed and even re-partition the drive if needed (though you will lose the data on the device if you do).

https://buffalonas.miraheze.org/wiki/Enable_Debug_mode

In this case I would suspect somethig is wrong with the drive if it suddenly shows as missing it's partitions. You may want to replace it before proceeding.