Author Topic: Active Directory and Sub-Folder and File Permissions  (Read 14390 times)

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Active Directory and Sub-Folder and File Permissions
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

RXPilot

I dont think that you are having the same issue as these guys, at least not judging by your other posts.  It seems that you may be having a problem with file corruption.

If you did intend on trying to set access restrictions to subfolder and/or use active directory access retrictions then this may not be the device for you.

rx8pilot

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »

As for now....I just want to be able to read/write. I was hoping for access restrictions for sure, but that is less of a concern than being able to write to my files. I guess i now know that I should not attempt access restrictions after I figure out how to un-read-only the drive.

I will poke around some more to find a thread more suitable.....

;-)

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

Much appreciated rx8pilot,

Might I suggest the thread about file corruption?  I saw that you had a post in that thread and it looked like colin was helping you.  He is one of our best techs and I assure you that he can help you with any issue you are having.

BTW: I love the RX8, great car!

Nexlux

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »

I would agree. I'm just junior tech so now I have to deal with this half-breed Non-compatible file server to direct everyones my documents.

ntnbower

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »

So has someone found a solution that works in the same price range?  Please let me know.

I have the exact same issue.  I love how they advertise active directory intergration.

Sure it lets you see ad usernames and groups, that is not intergration.  Sorry buffalo you have nice products but you completly fail when it comes to the enterprise