Author Topic: LinkStation HD-H250LAN keeps disconnecting.  (Read 2069 times)

cgmarsh

• Calf
LinkStation HD-H250LAN keeps disconnecting.
« on: November 25, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »
I have an older LinkStation HD-H250LAN that is constantly disconnecting. I have updated the firmware to ver 2.3 and Reformatted the Hard drive but the problem still continues. I have searched the internet to no avail.

When I turn the drive on the POWER LED Flashes (Green) and the LINK/ACT LED Flickers (Green).

After the drive has booted the POWER LED "Gradually & Slowly" Fades from Black to Green the LINK/ACT LED Flickers (Green). During this time the drive works good.

When the drive Stops working the POWER LED Flashes (Green) and the LINK/ACT LED Flickers (Green) It acts almost the same as when it is booting up. This happens if the drive is being accessed or it is setting at idle.

Also when I connect a USB HDD to either front or rear USB ports the USB drive never shows up as a shared drive but it does show up in the USB Details when I log into it.

One final note the POWER LED never has a steady green light.

Thank You for any Help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation HD-H250LAN keeps disconnecting.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
The HD-H250LAN is about 15 years old. Time to invest in a new device.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cgmarsh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »
I realize the drive is old but I hate thowing something away if it is still usable. When the drive works it works ok for my use, nothing critical. I had thought that when the drive is booted up the power light should be on steady and not doing the slow fade from off to on. I have seached the internet and could not find any situation like mine. If anyone has any information please let me know.

Thank You Very Much.

cgmarsh

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »
I borrowed a drive the same as mine to compare and after the drive boots up the power green light stays on steady, whereas my drive's power green light constantly fades on and off. Can anyone tell me what this might mean?
Thank You

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse

Languy99

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »
By the age of it and what you are describing, I bet the power supply is bad. If it is external check the voltage with a multimeter and if out of spec try another. If internal I the capacitors have gone bad. Replace them and I bet it would work again.

cgmarsh

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 10:56:49 PM »
Thank You "1000001101000" for all of the information and Thank You "Languy99" for the power supply suggestion.
I swapped the power supply from the known working NAS drive into my drive and it made no difference. Next I swapped the main board from the known working NAS drive into my drive and my drive worked normal. So I came to the conclusion that the main board of my drive must be defected which means my NAS drive is bad. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and get a new drive...

Once again Thank You All.