Author Topic: LS220D Not Recognised by Laptop  (Read 2116 times)

dcholme

• Calf
LS220D Not Recognised by Laptop
« on: November 14, 2018, 03:15:39 AM »
I’ve just noticed on my laptop hasn’t backed up to my LS220D since September. Before this it was happening perfectly and as per the schedule.

Not sure what has happened in between times but no my Lenovo laptop just won’t see the NAS Drive.

I am running Windows 10 on 2 desktops as well as the laptop. Both these desktop machines are working perfectly and allow me to access the NAS as I should be able to.

So the problem is the laptop. This sees the drive through the NAS navigator 2 software but it just does not appear in windows file explorer.

I have a little knowledge but not a networking expert. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: LS220D Not Recognised by Laptop
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »
What happens if you click the "Browse" button in NAS Navigator?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:59:50 PM »
Make sure SMB2 is enabled on the Linkstation, advanced settings - File Sharing - SMB - Edit - Enable SMB2 - Reboot the PC.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dcholme

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 04:06:09 AM »
Many thanks for trying to help both. I have tried what you suggested and this is the situation.

If I click the "browse" button in the last navigator software, it opens to show the same two folders that appear on both my desktop PCs. I can access any file on the drive doing it this way which is great news. If I try and back up the laptop to the NAS that works as well.

I did enable SMB2 on the link station as suggested devil but I’m afraid it still doesn’t show up in file manager.

So the good news is I effectively have full access to the drive. I can back up, view and move all the files on it. The niggle is that it still is invisible in file manager which I just don’t understand!

Thanks again for trying to help.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »
This is due to the network settings on the Windows system. If you browse to the LinkStation then you can right-click on a share map the drive, then it will always show up as a mapped drive on that system.

dcholme

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 07:02:47 AM »
That worked! Many thanks for your help - it is much appreciated.