Author Topic: Windows and MacOS not working together. Windows mapped drives issues.  (Read 2671 times)

dorinandreescu

• Calf
  • LS220D
I’m using an LS220D Linkstation Raid 0. When i’m connected on a mac book pro my windows mapped drives are not recognized. They are connected in the same time. I’m copying something from my mac to the unit and I’m trying to access my unit in the same time on my pc and I can’t access it from my PC. What’s happening? Thanks.

I think that was a coincidence. Now WebAccess is working, FTP also, local and external, but mapped network drives in windows don`t. Can`t access files through mapped network drives. I have SMB2 activated. What seems to be the issue?

Every mapped drives have the x icon. If I try to access from Navigator 2 with browse nothing is happening. Same thing. The credentials are good. I have windows 10 with latest updates and the las firmware for the unit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:42:45 AM by dorinandreescu »
LS220D

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Windows and MacOS not working together. Windows mapped drives issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 08:49:45 AM »
This sounds like either a network issue or a problem with Windows. If it works fine from the Mac but not the Windows system then the NAS is working, something else is going on.

dorinandreescu

• Calf
  • LS220D
Re: Windows and MacOS not working together. Windows mapped drives issues.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
I’ve had deactivated and reactivated the SMB from the unit, after I’ve checked if the SMB2 is enabled and it was, on my windows machine, and everything it’s okay now. Some issue on the nas unit I think it was. Thanks!

This sounds like either a network issue or a problem with Windows. If it works fine from the Mac but not the Windows system then the NAS is working, something else is going on.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:55:56 AM by dorinandreescu »
LS220D