Author Topic: LinkStation Password Reset - Doesn't Work  (Read 2310 times)

mdlogan

• Calf
LinkStation Password Reset - Doesn't Work
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
I have a LS-CH1.0TL network drive. Recently, it showed up in Emergency Mode. I downloaded the firmware updater and tried to update it. During the process, it prompted me for the password, which I had long forgotten.

I read up on how to reset the system to the default password, so I did. Per the manual, I turned it off, waited til it shut down, turned it back on holding the function button, and pressed the function button again when it started flashing blue. When I tried logging into the web interface using the "admin" and "password" defaults, it tells me I have a wrong username and password.

I repeated the above procedure, still got the same result.

I tried rerunning the firmware updater, but this time, I got the message that there is no LS on the network that needs updating.

The LS is visible in Navigator, but when I try to view it, I get a message saying that it can't open the shared folder. And when I try to log in via the web interface, it tells me that "admin" and "password" are the wrong combo. Unfortunately, I no longer remember whatever I changed the defaults to.

Anyone got any ideas?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation Password Reset - Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
The unit has locked itself out and so you need the recovery file to reset the admin password and root access.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

mdlogan

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Password Reset - Doesn't Work
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:07:15 PM »
How do I go about getting the recovery file? And how do I use it? Thanks!