Author Topic: HD-QL8TU3R5 Constantly Restarting  (Read 2326 times)

ZyrLyn

• Calf
HD-QL8TU3R5 Constantly Restarting
« on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:41 AM »
Greetings,

I have a couple of problems with my HD-QL8TU3R5 DriveStation Quad that I was hoping someone could help me with. I have spent quite a while searching for answers and can't find any answers. These problems have been ongoing since I purchased the drive from MicroCenter over a year ago.

#1. (and the most important) The Drivestation will not stay powered up. It restarts every 5 mins (disconnects then reconnects). I am using the power supply that came with it and a USB 3.0 port. I have made sure that the firmware is the latest version. I am using Win10 with all updates. This is infuriating, as I can't copy folders/files to the drive that exceed a 5min copy time. I have tried other ports with the same problem. I have all the USB power saving options set to never power down. The rub is that I have had longer up times when I plug the drivestation into my desktop PC rather than my laptop. My laptop is always plugged in to the power supply when using the drive, and there is no power shortage problem. All I want is for the drivestation to run 24/7 without powering down. It seems to me like a messed up power saving mode for the drive.

#2. I would like to use this drive in my home router so the data can be used on the local network, but the drive doesn't remain powered up (very likely related to problem #1).

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

-Dan