Author Topic: Userid/password to connect to HD-CELU2 drive connected via LAN  (Read 17355 times)

betula

• Calf

I just bought an HD-CELU2 1TB Drivestation Flexnet drive and am trying to connect to it via LAN (ethernet).  After many attempts and hours reading the knowledge base and forum I still can't figure out how to connect to the drive - Windows keep asking me for userid and password and nothing seems to work.  Details:

- Model and firmware version:

Host Name HD-CELU2-DAB7

Model Name HD-CELU2

Firmware Version BUF-CELU2-1.4.7 LOADER 3.5W1.9

- Connected to a router

- Using Windows XP SP2 notebook, connected via ethernet cable (also tried wireless connection)

- Gone thru the installation procedure, which created a shortcut on my desktop

- Can connect to the web admin interface (http://<ip address>)

- Has not changed any settings in the web admin interface, not specified password

When I try to connect to the drive by using RUN \\<ip address> I get login dialog box asking for userid and password.  I've tried admin/<blank>, admin/admin, etc., tried my pc's userid/password, and so forth, but with no success.

Am I missing something basic here?  Is there a "secret trick"?  Or is there something wrong with my configuration/unit?  Or?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  If I can't figure this out soon I'll end up returning the device.

Thanks.

Per

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Userid/password to connect to HD-CELU2 drive connected via LAN
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:57:37 AM »

Log into the web interface >Security> Password Protection, Selcet Disable> Apply

Reboot your comp and try accessing it again RUN \\IP

ericsstoll

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

I'm in Windows 7.  Setting up my backups using the Windows built-in backup app.  It requires a login/password to backup to a network location.  I had the same problem you did and here was my workaround:

Login to my HD-CELU2 with my browser

Go to Security > Shared Folder Security

Turn OFF Password Protection Function

Then in Windows, I was able to connect to \\HD-CELU2\share using login admin and password admin.  (Even though my admin password for HTTP browser access is different)

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:45:49 AM »

Sorry, no Windows 7 support as of yet. However instead of \\HD-CELU2\share try \\<IP_of_NAS>\share

lanzelot

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »

I'm running Windows 7 and Mac OS Snow...

With my Mac I have no problem at all, I just would like to have shortcut on my desktop instead of going to smb://networkdrive

With my Windows 7 I have no problem at all without the password, but I I set the password on, then I can not find the way to make it work...

I need to set the password, I usually invite firends home and they bring their computers and I don't want them to have access to my HD...

How do I make the password work on W7?

appreaciated!

Ed

gildastalmadge

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »

OMG! At no point and time does it make the obvious clear: The actual RED LED is able to be pushed to switch to LAN MODE. When pressed it will switch to GREEN indicating the (physical switch which is a led button) LAN MODE!

This is NOT intuitive! Every other expectation from any other device is the led indicates status, not is a physical switch. The instructions gloss right past this - but they are there!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »

"With my Mac I have no problem at all, I just would like to have shortcut on my desktop instead of going to smb://networkdrive"

Im not sure but I think you may be able to drag a share folder into the system tray (toolbar).. at least thats what I have heard havent tried it yet.

"With my Windows 7 I have no problem at all without the password, but I I set the password on, then I can not find the way to make it work..."

As Dustega said, I am not sure it is fully supported yet, but after you set security on try disconnecting from the share and rebooting the computer.  Then try remapping the share.

BastiaanJC

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »

Hi,

I bought the HD-CELU2 (500GB) yesterday and installed it using the enclosed cd.

Via USB all functions properly with my windows 7, but LAN won't start working.

Via the browser I can read/update all configuration settings properly except the security. This gives an error as a result, the changed are saved nevertheless (all when connected via USB).

But I'm probably doing something wrong because I keep getting a password popup.

Even when I've disabled security, the popup keeps showing.

The 'fun' part is; any password entered is wrong.....:-S.

Connection via LAN is impossible.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Cement

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »

This is what worked for me:

1.  Make sure green light is on.

2.  Set a password in security section for admin.  (this un greys the folder security section.) (apply)

3.  Change shared folder security to disabled. (apply)

4.  Set blank p/w for admin cause I didn't want p/w authentication on the web interface.  This also grey'd out folder security again.

I was also receiving the errors updating security before but think it was due to not being in LAN mode.

Lennier

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:47:43 AM »

I just bought a HD-CELU2 with 1TB and it seems I got exactly the same issue.

After trying all the given valuable hints it still is not working.

What I find also strange is that the service program HD_CELU2 does not find the drive (at least more often than not).

cnpark

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »

I cannot access HD-CELU2 drive with admin/admin userid/password even though shared security option was disabled.    Appreciate your help

wewi

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

I think maybe the reason is your disk type, is it xfs4?

swinslade

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »

Hi, I'm getting the exact same issue you described in your post. I was wondering if you got this resolved and if so what steps you took. Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »

This most likely means that the unit is no longer formatted to fat32 for some reason.  In order to retain the NAS function of this unit it MUST be formatted to fat32

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

cnpark,

The default username/password for this device is admin/password, not admin/admin.  It is possible to change the password for the admin user, but the username can not be changed.