Author Topic: LW-WX2.0TL/R1 FirmWare Update failure from 1.30 to 1.74  (Read 1362 times)

rcox

• Calf
LW-WX2.0TL/R1 FirmWare Update failure from 1.30 to 1.74
« on: September 27, 2018, 01:43:47 PM »
I wanted to fix problems with the Backup up function to a FAT formatted USB drive.  I tried the Firmware update on the buffalotech web site, new ver 1.74 firmware. (From Ver 1.30)  The Firmware update appeared to go OK (started correct, downloaded new firmware to NAS) but sometime during the update process it stopped with messages about not compatible something??  I did not photo the messages.  I clicked OK twice then I was told my password was not correct... (I use the default password).  Now the Info/Error light flashed orange, 2 long, 5 short (code 125?? I looked that up and it says the firm ware is updating??)  I can ping the units IP address but that is all...  No web page log in, and no access of the drive shares or data..  Please HELP!!  I am new to this forum, Robert

rcox

• Calf
Re: LW-WX2.0TL/R1 FirmWare Update failure from 1.30 to 1.74
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 03:30:50 PM »
I think the problem is fixes...  I downloaded NAS Navigator and ran it...  It found the device and after that all errors went away and things started working as normal.  The Firmware Version did update to 1.74..  So all is good..  Not sure what happened but OK now!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:32:50 PM by rcox »