Author Topic: I can't access my data on my TeraStation anyymore. Help? I need the data.  (Read 1111 times)

alisonw

• Calf
I have had a TeraStation for over a decade.   It has been connected to my router via an Ethernet cable.  It suddenly stopped showing up on my network.   I moved it and connected it straight to my desktop (again via ethernet).   It still doesn't show up in my files.   So, I downloaded the NAS software and it detects the device, but errors out saying it can't open the shared folders.  It reports the file space about 75% full.   Entering the IP address directly into Chrome gets a timeout as well.

The light pattern on the front of the device has 4 yellow lights that I believe indicate 'Status/Full' for all drives (at 11:00/1:00/4:00/6:00 around the face of the circle in the middle of the front panel).  The blue connect light is on.  The power light is steady.  The diag light is not lit.   I am used to seeing the lights blink on and off - and now they are very solid and steady....   in this case, I think that is bad.

Any suggestions?  I have some very important data I need off of this device.   

help?

Alison

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: I can't access my data on my TeraStation anyymore. Help? I need the data.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:19:11 PM »
What's the model number and what OS are you trying to access it from? If you're using Windows 10 then make sure SMB1 is still enabled on the PC.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!