Author Topic: Backup Utility (Backup Disabled) message after using drive for several years  (Read 1059 times)

jp2112

• Calf
Here's what I have

drive:
HD-LX2.0TU3

Backup Utility s/w:
BUService.exe :  Version 1.00.20
BUTray.exe :  Version 1.11.50
BURestore.exe :  Version 1.11.42
BUAdmin.exe :  Version 1.01.30
BUSyncTime64.exe :  Version 1.00.2

I've been using this drive for over 4 years on two Win7 laptops without any problems.  About a month ago, one of my laptops started showing this message in the system tray when I hover over the icon
"Backup Utility (Backup Disabled)"
and so I can no longer perform an automatic incremental backup when I plug in the drive, even though it's recognized like always.
I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling but that didn't change anything.
I also completely deleted all the backup folders for this laptop and started from scratch.  When I did this the software did prompt me to create a first backup, and then it proceeded to spend several hours copying files to the drive, but then it abruptly said that backup failed and it aborted with no record of having done anything.
There is plenty of room on this drive.
Anyone know why it's not working anymore?
What would cause backup to be disabled?
Basically how do I get back to a condition as if it's new out of the box?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:35:51 PM by jp2112 »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Do a chkdisk and see if it flags any errors on the disk.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jp2112

• Calf
Ran CHKDSK and it found no errors.
Note that my other laptop is still performing backups so it wouldn't be the drive because that would cause a problem common to both laptops.