Author Topic: LS-WXL Unable to boot (EM) TFTP not working due to old fixed IP  (Read 1725 times)

AlexFun

• Calf
LS-WXL Unable to boot (EM) TFTP not working due to old fixed IP
« on: September 12, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
Recently I found out that one of my HDD in raid 1 had some SMART issues so I bought a new one.  I updated firmware and connected the new HDD but the unit went to EM and I cannot get it out of there.

No matter which configuration of disks I use, the unit goes directly to EM (still blue light)
The problem I face is that the unit keeps the old IP and even when forcing the EM mode by pushing the function button during 5 seconds this does not change. so basically I always get the old IP 192.168.0.30.

I tried the TFTP by changing my computer IP to 192.168.11.1 but no success, once the unit reaches the EM, it uses the old .0.30 IP. I also tried to put my computer in 192.168.0.1 (same range), but the TFTP keeps on waiting with no response.

Through the NAS navigator I tried to change the IP but the system is not responding. I can ping but nothing else...
Any suggestion?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:06:33 PM by AlexFun »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-WXL Unable to boot (EM) TFTP not working due to old fixed IP
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
Sound like you're running the TFTP boot application instead of the firmware, download the 1.74 firmware, ensure the PC is on the same IP range, unzip and run the LSUpdater application file.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

AlexFun

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 04:14:57 AM »
Ok, I will review my procedure and try it again!
Thanks

AlexFun

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »
Debug mode and Update all? I would like to not loose all my data with that (RAID 1). Should that be ok?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 07:12:28 AM »
No need to do a debug, just a normal update with no debug options.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!