Author Topic: LS 400 Flashing White Lights - No Access  (Read 3460 times)

cmaronmurphy

• Calf
LS 400 Flashing White Lights - No Access
« on: July 17, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »
I've seen replies to this type of problem with other models that note that solutions are model specific.  I no longer have access to my LS400 via its IP address or via the desktop application.  I have tried a factory reset with no success.  The LED continually flashes white with no breaks or color changes.  I tried re-seating the drives.  I hear the sound of one drive trying to "search", but that eventually stops. I am not super tech savy, so I'll probably need a relatively simple solution.  If there is not one, then I'm off to buy a new one.  This is my second Buffalo in ten years.  My warranty has expired, so no surprise that the Buffalo support number is locked away from view.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS 400 Flashing White Lights - No Access
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:19:02 AM »
LS410, LS420 or LS421?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cmaronmurphy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »
Shows LS420D0202 on bottom of drive.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:29:13 AM by cmaronmurphy »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
Remove the disk you think there might be a problem with (the one searching) and reboot the NAS, see if the ED goes steady then.

Only do this if you are sure you were using RAID1.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cmaronmurphy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
Excellent!  The flashing white lights are now replaced with E16 - Drive 1 missing.  I can now at least find the NAS via the app and via its IP address.   Disc 2 is showing as "Array 1/Normal".  The data looks to be there, although I cannot access it.  Can I assume that I need to rebuild the array? And, yes, it was setup as RAID 1