Author Topic: Webaccess  (Read 8783 times)

HolmesLane

• Calf
Webaccess
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:18:56 AM »
In our organisation, we have an LS220 with three shares. I've set up WebAccess and can see all the shares without entering a password.

What I need to do is have remote access for two of the drives, not all three. How can I do this?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Webaccess
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:54:30 AM »
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

HolmesLane

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »
Thanks. Have now made two of the shares viewable which for the time being is what we need.

My issue now is that when I test WebAccess from the office I can access the shares using BuffaloNAS - no problem, but of no use! If I try to do the same outside of the office I get the message 'This site cannot be reached' xx.xx.xx.xxx took to long to respond'. The IP address it quotes is ours with our broadband/internet supplier. I've had three different people try and they get the same response.

I've checked with our supplier and they say that there is nothing wrong at their end.

Has anyone else come across this before, and if so how do I remedy it?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:23:42 AM »
Thanks. Have now made two of the shares viewable which for the time being is what we need.

My issue now is that when I test WebAccess from the office I can access the shares using BuffaloNAS - no problem, but of no use! If I try to do the same outside of the office I get the message 'This site cannot be reached' xx.xx.xx.xxx took to long to respond'. The IP address it quotes is ours with our broadband/internet supplier. I've had three different people try and they get the same response.

I've checked with our supplier and they say that there is nothing wrong at their end.

Has anyone else come across this before, and if so how do I remedy it?

Whatever external port you are using for the wweb access service needs to be open on your router, otherwise you will get this issue.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

HolmesLane

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »
Thanks. Does it matter which of WWW, HTTPS, email, Tenet, Netmeeting, PPTP, IPSec, VoIP, TFTP I choose? And do I use the IP address of the modem or NAS?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »
From what i know of the web access on the 500 series you have to open port 80 for TCP to the local IP address on the Linkstation.

There should be a custom option to do this in the port forwarding section of your router.

HolmesLane

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
Settings in WebAccess says a NAS internal port of 9000. And should I use the IP address for the router or NAS?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »
Forward external port 80 to internal port 9000 and to the Nas IP

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »

HolmesLane

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 03:28:57 AM »
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I'm making progress having disabled the Automatic Router Setup (UPnP) on the NAS to make it port 80, and it still has the NAS internal port as 9000. It also has a static IP address and as far as I can see I've done everything else needed in the Buffalotech KB link.

What happens now is that having entered buffalonas.com/[myNAS] it goes directly to the Linkstation control panel, not the shares. I'm assuming I don't change the port set up on the modem - it already has specific entries for port forwarding, 22 and 1723 although I'm certain if they are used now (possibly for a previous hardware link for external access to old NAS drives).

What have I missed?

Texturtle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:26:46 AM »
You have missed nothing, this is the normal behavior of WebAccess on the LS520. Files can be viewed/downloaded/uploaded from the normal web UI on this LinkStation.

HolmesLane

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 09:38:49 AM »
Sorry, but I was asking about the LS220 - a 520 was never mentioned. Are the instructions different?

Texturtle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 09:41:54 AM »
Slightly different, it involves what internal port you use:

https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/setting-up-webaccess-on-a-buffalo-linkstation