Author Topic: Email Notifications for TS-XE8.0TL/R5  (Read 1431 times)

mh1983

• Tatanka
Email Notifications for TS-XE8.0TL/R5
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:35:36 PM »
Have been diving into some of the settings in my Terastation since I went through the long and winding road of getting it up and running. I like the email notification option as I'd like to get a report on the health of the system, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work with my Gmail account. I read that reducing the security would help, but that's a nonstarter for me.

I'm open to setting up a dummy email just for notifications. Can anyone recommend one that plays well with a Buffalo NAS? Yahoo/Hotmail/Outlook, etc? Thanks for any help!

mh1983

• Tatanka
Re: Email Notifications for TS-XE8.0TL/R5
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 07:59:13 AM »
Turns out my ISP has a SMTP server for devices that never leave the network: https://help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/203861280-Email-Settings

I tried it out and I still get the test mail failure, though. Anyone know why this wouldn't work?

mh1983

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »
Spoke to my ISP and it doesn't seem like what I want to do is possible w/ their SMTP server.

Can anyone else help? Point me to an SMTP server that works? I'll sign up for a dummy email, if needed. No, I don't want to downgrade my Google account's security levels. TIA!

supertester

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »
I would create a new Gmail account just for the notifications.

mh1983

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
Good tip! Tried just that and it didn't work. I tried every combo of SMTP server and port that I could find on the web. Is there an issue w/ this feature in the latest firmware?