Author Topic: SMB access LS-WXL and LS220D  (Read 1447 times)

doobre

• Tatanka
SMB access LS-WXL and LS220D
« on: July 05, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »
My trouble is that I cannot access the shared folder on the LS220D as a network share from my media player..
Yes, I can map the shared folder to the windows desktop through the NasNavigator, and yes, I can also access the media files on the NAS if I activate the built-in 'twonky' media server on the Nas...

I have no problem with my LS-WXL's. They show up on my media player as network shares, without DLNA active, I enter my PW and have access.. But the LS220D doesn't ask for a PW and when I select the shared folder it just hangs up with the scanning timer circle thingy going round and round and round, forever..

The only way I can get access to the files on the shared folder of the LS220D from my media player is through the twonky DLNA server. Which I don't want use or need to use [it keeps forgetting which folders are to be scanned]..

So what is different between the old and the new buffalo 'Nas' AND HOW TO GET ACCESS OF THE LS220D SHARED FOLDER THROUGH SMB..??

further info...

The 'Access restrictions' are disabled on all the NAS >> but when I do activate for the problem NAS the LS2220D doesn't allow me to delete or modify files from windows as the 'admin user', even with R/W access assigned and says I "need the permission of LS220D21E\nobody to make changes........" and again the LS220D hasn't ask me for a PW..

I am confused... anyone help..?!?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:19:58 AM by doobre »
user of 3x LS-WXL, 1xLS220D but not that impressed with the reliability of the Seagate disks they use...