Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo - Keep loosing Print server functionality  (Read 3214 times)

abuckner

• Calf

I have an LS-W1.0TGL/R1-V3 LinkStation Pro Duo and have successfully set it up for RAID1, WebAccess, and Print Server functionality.  The first time I set up the print server, it just worked perfectly!!  The only small snag was that I had to find and pick my printer driver when setting it up because (I think) the driver isn't on the server.

As I make changes to my setup (web admin, my router, etc), it seems that I will all of the sudden loose connection with the printers that had just been working.  It shows "ready" but doesn't print.  When I use the print driver to actually monitor the printer status (such as how much ink I have), it says it cannot connect to it. Checking the "online" button, cycling power, etc does not help.  When I plug the printer back into the local PC, it works instantly.  I once was able to get it back by re-setting up the printer, but now that doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alan

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo - Keep loosing Print server functionality
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:27:32 PM »
What kind of printer is it?  We do not support multifunction printers or printers that do not support post script.

abuckner

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
   It's a Canon PIXMA iP5000.  It worked great for 2 weeks with no issues.  Now the NAS thinks the printer is there because it is enabled and the USB is plugged in, but it cannot connect talk to the printer.  I somehow got it working again, then it stopped once more.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »

I don't think it supports postscript (at least I couldn't find anything saying it does).  While you may get it to work it is not supported, FYI.

In terms of troubleshooting steps; have you tried resetting the unit?

abuckner

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
   Yes, I've tried rebooting and reconfiguring everything.  I'll keep playing with it.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »
I notice that your firmware version wasn't specified.  What version was that?

abuckner

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
   FW is 3.09 which appears to be the latest.