Author Topic: LinkStation 220DE - Create Share and Need to Reboot NAS Before PC's Can See It  (Read 1593 times)

Pettigrew95

• Calf
Hello all,

Quick question about my LinkStation 220DE. I have noticed that when I log into the web GUI and create a new share when I browse to the root directory of the 220DE I do not see the newly created share. The only way to see the new share is to reboot the 220DE and then once it comes back online I can then see the share I had just created. I am running the latest firmware 1.67-0.01 -- Does anyone know if this is a common problem or is it just something I am experiencing? Does anyone know a fix? I cannot keep rebooting the 220DE every time I create a new share so my hosts can see it. Thank you!

Pettigrew95

• Calf
Anyone have any idea on this?

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
All my Linkstations restarts the smbd and nmbd by itselves after managing the shares .
Use Nasnavigator to view the shares.
Or press F5 on Windows Explorer

Pettigrew95

• Calf
All my Linkstations restarts the smbd and nmbd by itselves after managing the shares .
Use Nasnavigator to view the shares.
Or press F5 on Windows Explorer

I have tried this many times, refreshing the shares on my Windows machines and NAS Navigator but nothing will see the share that I have created on the LinkStation until I reboot the LinkStation. Then as soon as the LinkStation comes back up I do another refresh and there is the share I created.

Pettigrew95

• Calf
Anyone have any ideas on this?