Author Topic: Macbook Pro unable to see BUFFALO BRXL-PC6U2  (Read 10363 times)

mark r

• Calf
Macbook Pro unable to see BUFFALO BRXL-PC6U2
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »
I have a Macbook Pro running current Sierra 10.13.4, and a Buffalo external disc drive BRXL-PC6U2 connected via USB.  This external drive has worked well in the past with this mac.

The device is indicated in the "About this Mac" - "Systems Report" - "Hardware" - "USB", it is 'lit up' receiving power via the USB, and it is going through the motions of reading the disc inserted into it. 

The external drive, however, most importantly is not indicated in Finder (pref to show devices is 'on') or as an external device in Disk Utility.  I am unable to use the external drive because the laptop does not appear to see it properly.  Could I be missing drivers or some other software which is not allowing my mac to see the Buffalo device?

Help!

chuynh

• Calf
Re: Macbook Pro unable to see BUFFALO BRXL-PC6U2
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:58:43 PM »
I have the same exact problem as described by OP, except that I'm on Sierra 10.12.3. This drive (specifically model from back of the unit: Model BRXL-PT6U2VB-US) has worked with my MacBook Pro for more than a year, then suddenly in the past 6 months or so it stopped working as described by the OP. I searched high and low with no solution. Another call for help. Anyone?

slatis

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 03:38:15 AM »
This thread is nearly three years old so this post is a shout in the dark.

I have the same issue as the other users in this tread: the BRXL-PT6U2V worked fine on Mac 10.11.6 but not so any longer. I cannot put a finger on when the change occur, gradually I reckon.

The drive works fine with macOS 11.4(!) so both functionality and compability should be in order.

I have not been able to find any firmware upgrades or similar.

Buffalo Technology Helpdesk was very responsive but in the end stated that "for this type of unit there is very little troubleshooting that can be done when issues arise. At the heart of it it's quite a basic unit and cannot tell the difference between the different devices it is connected to."

Anyone out there? :D Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:41:56 AM by slatis »

davidcarlisuk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 03:17:44 AM »
I have a Macbook Pro running current Sierra 10.13.4, and a Buffalo external disc drive BRXL-PC6U2 connected via USB.  This external drive has worked well in the past with this mac.

The device is indicated in the "About this Mac" - "Systems Report" - "Hardware" - "USB", it is 'lit up' receiving power via the USB, and it is going through the motions of reading the disc inserted into it. 

The external drive, however, most importantly is not indicated in Finder (pref to show devices is 'on') or as an external device in Disk Utility.  I am unable to use the external drive because the laptop does not appear to see it properly.  Could I be missing drivers or some other software which is not allowing my mac to see the Buffalo device?

Help!

I have also facing the same issue.