Author Topic: Cloudstor CS-WX1 6 short red flashing lights, How do I recover?  (Read 1347 times)

regnets1

• Calf
Suddenly a few days ago, I lost share access to my NAS.  The NAS has been up and running for over 5 years and I have a large amount of data stored.  The NAS is setup with 2 1TB drives in Raid 1, so I am fairly confident the data is in tact.  However, None of the computers on my network can reach the shares, NAS Navigator does not find the NAS but I was able to ping it and it showed connected to my router.  The Info/Error light is flashing 6 short red lights.  I found the manual online and this appears to be a firmware update failure.  How do I go about recovering this?  I am having a difficult time finding threads pertaining to my product, and none of the firmware recovery threads I have found are from this Buffalo forum.  Any help is appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Cloudstor CS-WX1 6 short red flashing lights, How do I recover?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
It means the operating system needs to be reinstalled, this would result in the data being erased.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

regnets1

• Calf
Re: Cloudstor CS-WX1 6 short red flashing lights, How do I recover?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
So there is no way to reinstall the nas software without erasing the disks?  Can the NAS software be installed without disks or with new disks and the array be rebuilt from one of the current disks?  I am really hoping to not loose all of my data.