Author Topic: LS-Live not seen by iTunes  (Read 6503 times)

CuriousMark

• Calf
LS-Live not seen by iTunes
« on: September 17, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »

Documentation on the iTunes feature seems very sparse so I may not have set things up correctly based on best guesses.

I installed the LS-Live 500GB NAS on my network and set up the backup software on the PC.  I left all settings at their default values and have not added any new shares.  I installed the backup software on the main family PC and set it to back up all options to a subfolder in the "share" share.  Later I realized it had a default folder that it could have used, but the backup seems to be working well.  I check with iTunes and saw an empty iTunes sharing device with no music in it. 

Apparently it does not see the automatically backed up music.  So I created a Music folder under share and used synctoy to "echo" my PC's My music folder to the music folder I created.  After that I noticed that some of the music was AAC on the PC, converted it to MP3 and used synctoy to echo that up to the share.  Synctoy had one error with the iTunes database as it was "in use" on the LS-Live.  

Now when I open iTunes it does not see any share from the LS-Live.  I am unsure how to recover.  Did I set up incorrectly? 

Message Edited by CuriousMark on 09-17-2008 03:31 PM

CuriousMark

• Calf
Re: LS-Live not seen by iTunes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 04:58:48 PM »
   Bump

Perhaps someone who was succesful setting up iTunes access would be so kind to simply describe how they did so.

mas985

• Calf
Re: LS-Live not seen by iTunes
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »

The only thing you should have to do is to set up the PCAST folder to the music folder you indicated. From the web management, select the PCAST tab and make sure the media server is enabled and the proper media folder is selected there.

One more thing to check is that the NAS has the same workgroup name as your PC. This will allow discovery by the PC so it should pick it up.

Message Edited by mas985 on 09-21-2008 04:32 PM