Author Topic: E30 Faulty Drive Error  (Read 4132 times)

Bullitt659

• Calf
E30 Faulty Drive Error
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:24:00 AM »
After many years of faultless service my LS-CHL-V2FFD seems to have developed a fault, the red LED has started blinking 3 times and NAS Navi is reporting an E30 :Drive 1 error replace drive immediately .
I am currently backing up the data on this drive but my question is how hard is it to replace the HDD inside?
I am quite handy having built & repaired many PC systems over the years but I have no experience on Linux.
Thanks in advance.

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.

Bullitt659

• Calf
Re: E30 Faulty Drive Error
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
Ok thanks for the info I think I can follow this is there a particular drive that is better than others? I see your WD comment so I may steer clear of those also I currently have a 2TB drive am I able to increase the storage size or do I need to stay at 2TB?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:39:19 AM »
Ok thanks for the info I think I can follow this is there a particular drive that is better than others? I see your WD comment so I may steer clear of those also I currently have a 2TB drive am I able to increase the storage size or do I need to stay at 2TB?

You can use a higher capacity disk if you want, WD disks are as good or bad as any other disk manufacture. They all have their own faults and non are perfect.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »
all Kirkwoods can use all available SATA drives up to 16TB per drive