Author Topic: TS-RVH8.0TL/R6 reinitialization  (Read 2038 times)

rwonggnb

• Calf
TS-RVH8.0TL/R6 reinitialization
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I have inherited a TS-RVH8.0TL/R6 unit that had no hard drives installed at the time it was given to me (apparently removed by previous owner for security reasons).  So in effect I don't have a boot OS to start up the unit with.  I was not given any usb recovery drives either.

I have new hard drives that I can install but without a means to boot I can't create new partitions and raid.  And since it can't boot to any OS I can't get NAS Navigator to see it.

I've read a bunch of guides that describe holding down an INIT button or going into EM mode (by holding down the INIT button) and neither of those will cause my unit to go into EM mode.

When it boots it gets into BIOS, does all the usb / hdd checks, and then stops at the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I can't find a bootable image anywhere either. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: TS-RVH8.0TL/R6 reinitialization
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »
You need the Recovery Image to get the device operational again.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

tzuffa

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
Where do we get the recovery image? Ive searched high and low and was on with support for 2 hours and they said there is not one available (or at least wouldn't provide it to me)
I'm able to ping my device, and there are no errors on the LED but there are errors during the boot process (not a valid partition table, no such process etc.) and I can no longer access it via Web admin, NAS Navigator or Firmware updater tool. I tried a Factory reset but that didn't help either. I just want to reload and start from scratch, I don't need any data from it.

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
Did you read that?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / LSRecovery.exe file.

from davo

or try to ask the seller
https://www.ebay.de/itm/162927839372
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:19:44 PM by oxygen8 »