Author Topic: Running TFTP for Terabyte station that will not load Kernel  (Read 1627 times)

Lsaycheez

• Calf
Running TFTP for Terabyte station that will not load Kernel
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »
I have terabyte station that got full...red lights all around.  Initially I powered it off until I could figure out what to do.  It had a small problem rebooting giving my a "E04" and Kernal  not loading message.  So I reboot it several times...and MIRACLE OF MIRACLES...it rebooted...so I was able to transfer 99% of my data over...but then...we had a power outage and since then I have not been able to get it to reboot....still getting the EO4 message and kernel message.  So in talking to Buffalo support they said I could try to "flash" the software via a TFTP method.  I am so not a brainy person and would need some advice on how to do this.  Anyone out there able to advise me. 

The messed up Buffalo is Model # HS-DH4.0TGL/R5  I do have an older buffalo terabyte but a differnt model...thought about swapping drives...but was told it probably would not work.....any help appreciated.

Lisa

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Running TFTP for Terabyte station that will not load Kernel
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:21:27 AM »
Power off
Remove disk1 -> Power on, see if the unit boots, if you get E04 with disk1 removed then power off again, reinsert disk1, remove disk2, repeat with all disks and see if it boots with one disk missing.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Lsaycheez

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:56 PM »
Thank you...so frustrating....not sure if my reply got to you..but yes I have rebooted removing each drive one at a time...and still getting the EO4 message.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 05:21:00 AM »
Do you need to recover any data? What error do you get on the display if you disconnect all the disks and reboot the unit?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:28:46 AM by davo »
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Lsaycheez

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
Removing all drives, and rebooting I get the following....  TFTP Mode EO6 LOST BOOT IMAGE