Author Topic: LS-QVL051 - 2 of 4 hdd defective, replaced and can't rebuild.  (Read 1669 times)

Choma

• Calf
LS-QVL051 - 2 of 4 hdd defective, replaced and can't rebuild.
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
Hello.

I had a recent failure in disk 2 (red light on the front). Whilst I was in the admin interface I got another notification stating disk 4 was also erroneous. So, I shut the system down and got two new, identical, disks. The disks are brand new, non formatted, blank, same brand and same size.  I Removed the erroneous ones (2 and 4) and replaced them with the two new ones, booted up the LS-QVL051 and now I'm not sure what to do. I followed the instructions in the PDF to a point, but the option to rebuild the array is not visible even when clicking "array 1". Having had the NAS up and running for a while Disk 2 and 4 is still marked red on the front of the LS-QVL051. I though maybe I needed to format the two new disks first but that option is not available neither. The only option I have for the new disks when clicking on them is "Remove disk".

This is what I can see when logging on to the admin interface so the data is still there.

This is what I see when going to System -> Storage

And if I try to click Array, nothing is available for me to do with the new disks. I'm pretty sure when clicking Array1 I should be able to rebuild it but that option isn't available.

Any help is appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-QVL051 - 2 of 4 hdd defective, replaced and can't rebuild.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
Reset one the admin page and then see what disk options you have on each disk then.

System -> Restore/Erase -> Restore Linkstation.

FYI: The data is gone, I'm assuming you have a backup?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!