Author Topic: Problem with WX2.0TL/R1 shutting down unexpectedly  (Read 1240 times)

mwklare

• Calf
Problem with WX2.0TL/R1 shutting down unexpectedly
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
I have a 2TB LS WX2.0TL/R1 NAS, which I’ve used happily for several years with basically zero problems. This morning, it wouldn’t power up. I rebooted my computer and had the same result. So, I pulled the power plug and reinserted it… This powered up the drive, which appeared to function normally for a few minutes, before the blue power light began blinking and the drive powered down.

I repeated this several times with the same result. It even powered down while I was trying to copy files from it to another location. I tried connecting it to a different Ethernet port on my Apple Airport Extreme and got the same results.

The drive was working perfectly last night when I shut it down. I haven’t made any changes or updates to hardware or software since then… Any ideas what’s happening? The red error light is not on. The drive is behaving as though I'm shutting down the PC, though I'm not.  Any ideas?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Problem with WX2.0TL/R1 shutting down unexpectedly
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
Move the switch on the back from "Auto" to "Manual" and power it on again.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

mwklare

• Calf
Re: Problem with WX2.0TL/R1 shutting down unexpectedly
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Thank you! This appears to have healed it. So why, after all these years, did it decide to freak out today?