Author Topic: RAID 6 Disk3 Formatting + Array Rebuilding & Inaccessible (17 Hours In)  (Read 2436 times)

abass

• Calf
Setup:
  • Buffalo TeraStation
  • 6 Drives 2TB ea
  • RAID 6
  • 6.7TB Used

We had a drive that wouldn't mount (DISK3) and it had E22 which recommends you format that one drive, restart the NAS, and rebuild the array. It is a 2TB drive and has been formatting since 4pm yesterday - 5/9/17 (17 hours ago) and it has these 4 [Info] messages cycling on the screen:

I01, I15, I18, I20

It is in RAID 6 and just one of the 6 2TB drives was unable to mount. The NAS GUI isn't accessible, you are unable to view the files, and there is no way to view the status. Is it normal for it to take this long and for it to be completely inaccessible in the meantime? Last it was rebuilding the array, the files on the NAS were accessible and the GUI was accessible. We are unable to even ping the IP address of the NAS device on the lan. We are at a standstill and don't know what to do. We are unable to get any status update information since nothing is accessible.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
I'd reach out to support for sure.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

liquidblue

• Calf
Re: RAID 6 Disk3 Formatting + Array Rebuilding & Inaccessible (17 Hours In)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
I'd reach out to support for sure.

Similar issue here 8 days no access to web via IP address no login spinning wheel.?
Did you ever resolve this I just dont want to turn it off..

I saw 10% for days but never changed and now cant even log in.

I01: The system array is being rebuilt. (2018/01/02 13:59:09)
I12: The RAID array is in degraded mode. (2017/12/26 11:46:35)